Re: MiniMaxApproximation question

In article <dksdoi$h8n$1 at smc.vnet.net>, michael_chang86 at hotmail.com
wrote:

> Many thanks for your response and help; I tried the Padé approximation
> routine, and this is 'better', but I'm still seeking the ubiquitous
> Chebyshev 'equioscillation' (or 'alternation') behaviour in terms of
> *absolute* error.
>
> Am I missing something simple here <doh!>?  For what I am seeking
> (equioscillation), it appears that Mathematica only optimizes for
> *relative* error.  Have I missed a more basic command that does what I
> want?

Surely MiniMaxApproximation in the NumericalMath`Approximations` is what
you are after?

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul