Re: Timing runs for the last part of my previous post

All,
  thanks for the great help!  Once again, you've not only answered my
question, but given me some cool examples of using Mathematica in ways that I
probably wouldn't have thought of.  The sad thing about all this is
that I have read about Cases in both 'The Mathematica Book' and in
Michael Trott's 'Programming Guidebook', but for whatever reason, I
just didn't remember that function.  Oh well, I got some practice
writing Mathematica functions and feel a bit more comfortable dealing with
lists.

Matt