Re: Question about passages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62123] Re: Question about passages
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:31:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> there is a way to tell to mathematica to write all passages from the
> expression that i give, to the solution i get?

Trace and TracePrint are close to what you want. They don't delve into
internal functions and functions that have the Attribute ReadProtected.
Maybe there are other limitations that I don't know of. Both have various
Options with which you can filter the output, and without them they are
usually producing tons of output that's hard to read. It takes a while to
learn how to make good use of them.

Also, keep in mind that the Trace*-functions are useful for debugging rather
than understanding how mathematica evaluates certain expressions...

albert