Re: Notebook for Borel-Tanner Distribution

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62192] Re: Notebook for Borel-Tanner Distribution
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <droukas at>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:38:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Sorry, I do not know of a Mathematica notebook that relates to the
Borel-Tanner distribution - but I can't help wonder, assuming you are
working with something such as 'fast decay' or queuing - would the
logarithmic distribution developed by Fisher, Corbet, and William work?  Or
would the Geometric Distribution suffice?

I'm curious as to what Borel offers that the others don't - thanks in

Steven Shippee
slshippee at

news:dl6pje$8uq$1 at