Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62197] Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:38:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

bsyehuda at wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> As I wrote before, the problem REMAINS.
> I just installed a fresh SUSE 10.0 on a new computer. Then I installed
> Mathematica.
> On the first activation on mathematica a "sterr" window is opened with
> the known
> Warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character
> message appearing SEVERAL times  (6 lines, to be accurate).
> I used the very same steps I gave in my previous email + the xrdb
> .Xdefaults added to the .bashrc file
> This solves the problem once and for all
> yehuda

Do you need anything other than an empty .Xdefaults and the xrdb invocation?
The only reason I have the .Xdefaults is because xrdb complains when it's
not there, and I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to give it a
commandline option to shut it up.

The Mathematica Wiki:
Math for Comp Sci
Math for the WWW: