MathTensor notational form

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62202] MathTensor notational form
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:05:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Does MathTensor provide a means of expressing tensors in the way we find in,
say, Einstein's _The Meaning of Relativity_?  That is, with raised and
lowered indices as well as implied summation?  Are there any examples I
could look at?

[The answer is yes.  See -
 Steve Christensen - Moderator and MathTensor co-author]

The Mathematica Wiki:
Math for Comp Sci
Math for the WWW: