Re: mathematica2mono

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62239] Re: [mg62220] mathematica2mono
  • From: Mitch Murphy <mitch at mix5.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:15:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Nov 16, 2005, at 02:28, Mitch Murphy wrote:
> why does mathematica insist on using its own mathematica2mono font
> for "(" and ")" when i've tried a hundred different ways to have all
> my text in Times when i export a graphic to pdf ?

here's the answer i got from wolfram tech support ...

"We use our own fonts because we want the parentheses to display
consistently whether they're being displayed at normal height, as in  your
example, or whether they're being stretched vertically (and similarly  for
brackets and curly braces).

But the behavior is easy to turn off.  Choose Format->Option  Inspector...,
set the scope to global, and look for the "OperatorSubstitution" option.
Set it to False.  Then re-evaluate the graphics-producing commands, and
re-run the Export[] command again."

it works.

Mitch