Re: Export to PDF

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62294] Re: Export to PDF
  • From: carlos at
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Plan A. Export in ps. Then use Acrobat Distiller telling it the location
of Mathematica fonts.  That has worked for me most of the time.
If Acrobat prints incorrectly, use Plan B, then Distiller.

Plan B. Sometime publishers want the .ps files , not PDF,
for their typesetting. Problem (especially small publishers):
lack of access to Mathematica fonts. In that case I use Adobe
Illustrator to convert "inconvertible"  fonts (e.g. extendible
stuff such as matrix delimiters)  to graphic objects using
the Outline tool.  This has always worked.