Re: Export to PDF
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62294] Re: Export to PDF
- From: carlos at colorado.edu
- Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:33 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Plan A. Export in ps. Then use Acrobat Distiller telling it the location of Mathematica fonts. That has worked for me most of the time. If Acrobat prints incorrectly, use Plan B, then Distiller. Plan B. Sometime publishers want the .ps files , not PDF, for their typesetting. Problem (especially small publishers): lack of access to Mathematica fonts. In that case I use Adobe Illustrator to convert "inconvertible" fonts (e.g. extendible stuff such as matrix delimiters) to graphic objects using the Outline tool. This has always worked.