Re: java method in NDsolve

I don't know if there is a way to redefine function to do what you
want, because I do not use Java or .NET or anything else besides
Mathematica itself, but the folowing might work for you:

f[t_NumericQ]:=function[t]

then restate your differential equation in terms of f.

Also, there may be an option to have NDSolve not do the
"held"/"symbolic" evaluation of its arguments. (I think it does this to
see if there is a way to extract the derivatives symbolically instead
of constructing them numerically)

--
http://chrischiasson.com/contact/chris_chiasson