Re: java method in NDsolve

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62286] Re: java method in NDsolve
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I don't know if there is a way to redefine function to do what you
want, because I do not use Java or .NET or anything else besides
Mathematica itself, but the folowing might work for you:

then restate your differential equation in terms of f.

Also, there may be an option to have NDSolve not do the
"held"/"symbolic" evaluation of its arguments. (I think it does this to
see if there is a way to extract the derivatives symbolically instead
of constructing them numerically)