Programmatic Search and Replace

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62292] Programmatic Search and Replace
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm going to try figuring this out from the documentation, but if someone
can explain how to do it in a sentence or two, it might be helpful.  In
Mathematica 5.2 for Linux the GUI search and replace feature is worse than
useless.  If I try to copy text into the search field it locks up
Mathematica and forces me to kill the process.  I therefore would like to
find a way to quickely and effectively perform search and replace,
programmatically.  Any suggestions?

The Mathematica Wiki:
Math for Comp Sci
Math for the WWW: