Re: Re: Magnetic Pendulum

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62279] Re: [mg62264] Re: Magnetic Pendulum
  • From: Pratik Desai <pdesai1 at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

p.ramsden at wrote:

>I think this one gets filed under "worth a try".
>Link to the forum page for this post:
>Posted through [[postId=6075]]
Here are some helpful sites,

For the mathematical model (perhaps this will do)

I have found this add-on package VisualDSolve invaluable in doing my
non-linear dynamics problems (unfortunately I did not get credit for
some of the homeworks because it was too easy :-(  using VisualDSolve)
Oh by the way it is not free, you have to buy it

To plot the fractals the code is given here

Hope this helps

Pratik Desai
Graduate Student
Department of Mechanical Engineering