Intepolation of an array with missing points
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62323] Intepolation of an array with missing points
- From: dkjk at bigpond.net.au
- Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:19:19 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have an array representing the heights of a surface over the x-y
plane. Unfortunately, the heights at several points are unknown so have
been replaced by empty strings. For an example, see
arr = Import["output.csv"] // MatrixForm
My ultimate goal is to create an interpolating function of this data
which will allow me to produce a contour plot. As a very inexperienced
user of Mathematica, my initial thoughts have been someting like this:
1. Convert arr to an list of 3-tuples, ignoring the empty entries. (not
sure how to do this)
2. Use Interpolation to create an InterpolatingFunction which can be
plotted in ContourPlot.
Does anyone know of a simple method to achieve 1. and whether or not 2.
will work in this case?
Prev by Date:
Re: Same scaling for plots/ charts
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Thanks to dave bailey and chris chiasson, NDsolve problem solved!
Next by thread:
Re: Intepolation of an array with missing points