Re: statistics questions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62351] Re: statistics questions
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:25:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I guess what I mean by "mean response" is that regression generates a
least squares fit function for y, which then has a confidence interval
associated with it:
regression function + or - t[v,ci]*sqrt(variance/n)

I think if y is supposed to be a constant value, then least squares
regression is equivalent to the mean of the data.

Anywho, does anyone know of a way to obtain the regression function
plus its confidence interval directly?

Am I just using statistics incorrectly here?

Thanks for your response, Bill Rowe.