Re: Programmatic Search and Replace

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62338] Re: [mg62292] Programmatic Search and Replace
  • From: "Yasvir A. Tesiram" <tesiramy at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:54:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

G'day,
Before you go programming something as  a replacement, I would check the
features of the Desktop environment, if you are using one i.e.. I have
been working with Mathematica on Linux since V4.2, and am currently at
5.2.
I sometimes use a Desktop environment on Linux but I know that what you
describe below has never been an issue. In any case, I would suggest
trying to switch from say KDE to GNOME. See if there is a difference.
If so install a different version of the Desktop environment and test it
etc etc.

Otherwise see if Developer`ClipboardNotebook, NotebookWrite, NotebookRead
etc can be of help to you.

Regards
Yas