Re: Export[] to XLS

Hi Bob,

On Monday, November 21, 2005 at 6:49 GMT -0500, Bob Hanlon wrote:

> One way would be to import the intended sheet name into the first cell of
> each sheet and add the following macro to the code module of the workbook
> or an add-on.  Manually run the macro or put a call to it in an Auto_Open
> macro.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the export routine appears
to be limited to handling very regular tables (like an L by M by N
table), so you need to play a few (albeit minor) tricks to get the M
by N tables to export correctly.

I was hoping for something more automated if it's reasonably easy and
from Mathematica*. Ultimately, I don't want to invest too much time
on this since I would prefer to spend the time finding ways of making
the current need for Excel redundant.

* For example, adding column headings for each table is as simple as:
  Append[#, {"Heading 1", "Heading 2", ..., "Heading M"}]& /@ data