Export[] to XLS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62337] Export[] to XLS
  • From: ggroup at sarj.ca
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:54:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I occasionally need to export data sets (LxNxM) to Excel.  This
usually works extremely well using Export["filename",data,"XLS"].  By
default, Mathematica will create L worksheets, each with an NxM table.

My question is, is there a way to give a meaningful name to those
worksheets from Mathematica?  Obviously the filename is specified, and
it is fairly trivial to add column and/or row headings to the tables
on each worksheet.  I just haven't found the trick to naming each
worksheet automatically.

Thanks.