Re: Timing of looping operators
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62435] Re: Timing of looping operators
- From: carlos at colorado.edu
- Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:33:33 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In my experience Do is noticeably faster than For in loops that do relatively little in the body. If the body does a lot of computation, the difference is not important. The advantage of For over Do is immediate translation to C, C++, Java, ... when Mathematica is used as a development prototype tool.