Re: Timing of looping operators

Hello Daniel

I think your conclusions about the timings of Map and Do are not
correct, because you use the function "fun" with Map and the undefined
function "f" with Do.

If I use the function "fun" in all three cases I get roughly (note:
even though I restart the Kernel each time I get slightly different
results with every evaluation) the following times: {1.1, 1.3, 1.5}.

If I define "fun" as x^2 I get the following times: {1.1, 3.6, 3.6}.

Therefore I conclude that using Map has advantages over the Do
construct.

Best regards
Norbert Marxer
www.mec.li