Re: How does NIntegrate suppress messages?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62436] Re: How does NIntegrate suppress messages?
  • From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:33:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Andrew Moylan" <andrew.moylan at anu.edu.au> wrote in message
news:dm1b0v$ic1$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Whenever the integrand in NIntegrate generates messages (by calling
> Message), the output of these messages are suppressed, although they are
> still generated in the sense that they can be caught using Check. Does
> anyone know how NIntegrate does this?

I don't, but your post answers a question of mine about behavior which
has always seemed a puzzle. Often I will wrap a complicated
computation in a Check in order to Abort[] on any message. Then, I
will sometimes get an Abort[], but no message! And, indeed, often
an NIntegrate is involved. When that occurs, I have never been able to
re-write the code to retrieve those missing messages.
So if there is a way to "unsuppress", that will be helpful to me, too.

regards,
alan