Re: Error code -43

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62501] Re: Error code -43
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:46:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I have tried to use Open Special- ascii text and now the problem is solved,
> also if now I back to use normal Open file. But I still do not understand
> what's happenned.

"File"->"Open" is intended for Mathematica notebook files (.nb).  On
Mac this dialog allows you to choose any plain text file because
notebooks are plain text and on Mac OS 9 it was not required to use the
.nb extension.  Choosing any file from this dialog will attempt to open
the file as a notebook, and if that file is not a notebook it will fail
to open.  This is why you get the error message.

For non-notebook files, as you have already found, "Open Special" is
the way to go.

-Rob