Re: SugarCube

On 25 Nov 2005, at 16:24, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> In a fresh session I can type Names["SugarCube"] and get a hit.
> If  I type
> Information[SugarCube], all I get is
>
> In[3]:= Information[SugarCube]
> System`SugarCube
>
> Attributes[SugarCube] = {Protected}
>
> Do I want to know what SugarCube is?

I suspect this is something related to GroebnerBasis, more exactly to
the "choice of strategy" in the Buchberger algorithm. I have seen
phrases like "sugar cube' and "sugar flavour" in this context. I
might be completely wrong, but if I am right than Daniel Lichtblau
can explain  this (as he would  then surely be the person who put
SugarCube into the System context).
But then I may be totally off the mark.

Andrzej Kozlowski