Re: Mathematica, Linux and OpenMosix
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62511] Re: [mg62433] Mathematica, Linux and OpenMosix
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200511241133.GAA29235@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 11/24/05, Daniele Lupo <danwolf80_no_spam_ at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi to all.
> Did anyone tried to use Mathematica with Linux, using OpenMosix? This is a
> kernel module that allows easy grid computing.
> I've downloaded, for study, a live edition of Quantian, and I've discovered
I don't know if Mathematica is optimized for grid/cluster.
And, from some reports on this group, I read that applications like
Linear Algebra don't benefit that much from
Maybe if the front-end could be run on a slower "terminal" and the
kernel on a fast machine (lots of RAM)?
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Smooth the data in a table, Why this cannot work?
Previous by thread:
Mathematica, Linux and OpenMosix
Next by thread:
General--StyleBox inside two‐dimensional string input