Re: Mathematica, Linux and OpenMosix

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62511] Re: [mg62433] Mathematica, Linux and OpenMosix
  • From: Renan <renan.birck at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On 11/24/05, Daniele Lupo <danwolf80_no_spam_ at> wrote:
> Hi to all.
> Did anyone tried to use Mathematica with Linux, using OpenMosix? This is a
> kernel module that allows easy grid computing.
> I've downloaded, for study, a live edition of Quantian, and I've discovered
> it:

I don't know if Mathematica is optimized for grid/cluster.

And, from some reports on this group, I read that applications like
Linear Algebra don't benefit that much from
grid/cluster/multiprocessor machine.

Maybe if the front-end could be run on a slower "terminal" and the
kernel on a fast machine (lots of RAM)?

Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at