webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62507] webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?
  • From: Dave <INVALID.See-signature-for-how-to-determine at southminister-branch-line.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to set up webMathematica and use the Xvnc to avoid requiring
someone logged into the console 24/7.

If my understadin is correct, the Mathematica kernel needs to connect to
the Xvnc server, so must have the password. But there is no mention of
this in section 2.4 of the webMathematica docs.

http://documents.wolfram.com/webmathematica/v2/index_2_4.html

Is my basic understanding here flawed? It is not working and I can't
understand how it can work.

--
Dave K