webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62507] webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?
- From: Dave <INVALID.See-signature-for-how-to-determine at southminister-branch-line.org.uk>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:06 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: Nov-2005 at southminister-branch-line.org.uk
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm trying to set up webMathematica and use the Xvnc to avoid requiring
someone logged into the console 24/7.
If my understadin is correct, the Mathematica kernel needs to connect to
the Xvnc server, so must have the password. But there is no mention of
this in section 2.4 of the webMathematica docs.
Is my basic understanding here flawed? It is not working and I can't
understand how it can work.
Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam.
It is always of the form: month-year@domain. Hitting reply will work
for a couple of months only. Later set it manually. The month is
always written in 3 letters (e.g. Jan, not January etc)
Prev by Date:
Smooth the data in a table, Why this cannot work?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Smooth the data in a table, Why this cannot work?
Next by thread:
Problem in Exporting Mathematica graphics What service do we have to run?