webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62507] webMathematica - does it need the Xvnc password?
- From: Dave <INVALID.See-signature-for-how-to-determine at southminister-branch-line.org.uk>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:47:06 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: Nov-2005 at southminister-branch-line.org.uk
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm trying to set up webMathematica and use the Xvnc to avoid requiring someone logged into the console 24/7. If my understadin is correct, the Mathematica kernel needs to connect to the Xvnc server, so must have the password. But there is no mention of this in section 2.4 of the webMathematica docs. http://documents.wolfram.com/webmathematica/v2/index_2_4.html Is my basic understanding here flawed? It is not working and I can't understand how it can work. -- Dave K http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/ Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam. It is always of the form: month-year@domain. Hitting reply will work for a couple of months only. Later set it manually. The month is always written in 3 letters (e.g. Jan, not January etc)