Re: Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books

On 26 Nov 2005, at 22:15, Chris Chiasson wrote:

> I wonder if the data on that disk of yours is unrecoverable (disk
> surface damage or demagnetization of the disk), or if the motor just
> won't spin up.

The latter. It was a 20 megabyte hard disk (and of course I had copied
all the important data before I put it away) and since by that time a
single Zip disk could store 5 times as much I did not attempt any
recovery but just got rid of the useless thing. But it did sort of
dent my confidence in technology.

Andrzej Kozlowski