Re: Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62525] Re: [mg62486] Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:40:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200511260746.CAA06334@smc.vnet.net> <8C5474EF-A0B2-4AD1-BECD-2A716B4BABF0@mimuw.edu.pl> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 26 Nov 2005, at 22:15, Chris Chiasson wrote:
> I wonder if the data on that disk of yours is unrecoverable (disk
> surface damage or demagnetization of the disk), or if the motor just
> won't spin up.
The latter. It was a 20 megabyte hard disk (and of course I had copied
all the important data before I put it away) and since by that time a
single Zip disk could store 5 times as much I did not attempt any
recovery but just got rid of the useless thing. But it did sort of
dent my confidence in technology.
Prev by Date:
Re: About FindRoot?
Next by Date:
RE: Making a phase plot
Previous by thread:
Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books