Re: Re: Re: How to View Mathematica and Hardcopy Books

On Nov 27, 2005, at 2:40 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2005, at 22:15, Chris Chiasson wrote:
>
>> I wonder if the data on that disk of yours is unrecoverable (disk
>> surface damage or demagnetization of the disk), or if the motor just
>> won't spin up.
>
> The latter.

A small drop of fine oil to that area that is labeled "Do not remove
this sticker or you lose warranty" used to cure this symptom :)

János

P.S.  Folk tales and folk songs - without writing them down -
survived thousands of years.  May be computing should pursue THAT
media for long term storage :)