Re: Get numbers out of PhysicalConstants?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62584] Re: [mg62572] Get numbers out of PhysicalConstants?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:44:17 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Needs["Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants`"]; removeUnits= Thread[ Union[ Cases[ ToExpression[ Names["Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants`*"]], _Symbol?(!NumericQ[#]&),Infinity]]->1]; VacuumPermeability/.removeUnits Pi/2500000 Bob Hanlon > > From: "Wonseok Shin" <wssaca at gmail.com> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Date: 2005/11/28 Mon AM 01:38:15 EST > Subject: [mg62584] [mg62572] Get numbers out of PhysicalConstants? > > Hello, > > Is there any way to get numbers out of the constants defined in > Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` package? Carrying units all the time > is inconvenient in calculation. > > For example, > In:= << Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` > In:= VacuumPermeability > Out= \!\(\(p\ Second\ Volt\)\/\(2500000\ Ampere\ Meter\)\) > > I want to get the number p/2500000 out of VacuumPermeability, without > units. How can I do this? > >