Re: NSolve Vs. Elliptic Integral

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62605] Re: NSolve Vs. Elliptic Integral
  • From: "nilaakash at" <nilaakash at>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:45:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear All,
               Thanks everybody to answer my question. Though I have
got my answer still there are some prblems.
                Basically I wanted to get a particulam "m" value for
fixed g[m] value. Mr. Valeri and Mr. Bob both have given nice answer.
                Now if I change my g[m] value, means if I increase
g[m], the "m" value reaches close Pi/2 and the integral diverges there.
As my integral function is symmetric about Pi/2 axis, when I ask to
evaluate "m" value near Pi/2 region suddenly it jumps from left side
curve to right side curve, and I get jump.
                I am giving the code and please suggest me how to get
 those "m" values which are belong to curve which is only extended
from 0.003 to Pi/2.

h[m_?NumericQ] := NIntegrate[f[x, m], {x, ArcSin[0.002/Sin[m]],Pi/2}]

t={};For[W = 1, W <= 400, W = W + 1,
a = FindRoot[h[m]==g[m], {m, 0.1}];
num = m /. a;

ListPlot[t, PlotRange -> All, PlotRange -> All, PlotJoined -> False,
    Frame -> True, PlotStyle -> {PointSize[0.008], Hue[0.6]}];