Avoiding usage of function brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62608] Avoiding usage of function brackets
  • From: "Narasimham" <mathma18 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:45:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

(My earlier suggestion here). I wanted to avoid [t] in NDSolve as t is
the one and only independent variable needing to be used in this
particular case of ODE solving. Please indicate how  [t] may be
appended to y, y', y''  to be  taken into effect for the usual
implementation in the example. Code is not under-specified because
symbol t is identified along with its range.When not declared as a
constant, the unparanthesized dependent parameter y is clearly the
dependant variable.

Constant {om = 3, a = 5, b = 1 }
NDSolve[ {y'' == - om^2 * y , y' == a, y == b}, y, { t, 0, 2 Pi}];

TIA ,  Narasimham