Built-In fuctions redefined---How?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62589] Built-In fuctions redefined---How?
- From: Virgil Stokes <virgil.stokes at it.uu.se>
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:44:26 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I introduce the following definitions: cx for Cos[x] sx for Sin[x] where, the argument x, will always be a single symbol, and then still be able to use the trigonometric identities associated with Sin, Cos; e.g., cx^2 + sx^2 = 1 Note, this is not c x (3 symbol expression); but, cx (2 symbol expression). Why? Because I have some rather large matrices with many elements that contain expressions in Cos and Sin terms that make printing and displaying messy and using the MatrixForm can give truncation in the printed output. --V. Stokes