Re: Types in Mathematica

In article <dm1ak3$i1n$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com> wrote:

> I will concede that experience in mathematics and physics can also develop
> the kinds of thinking which programming experience can develop.

Actually, much of the thinking involved in mathematics and physics
_transcends_ the kinds of thinking which programming experience can
develop. Extensive knowledge of mathematics and physics definitely
assists Mathematica programming, more so than in other languages because
of the high-level functionality. The "physics" or "mathematics" way of
thinking often assists implementations of algorithms in Mathematica.
This is, I think, the key point of this thread.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul