Re: mole units

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60943] Re: [mg60876] mole units
  • From: "Jose Luis Gomez" <jose.luis.gomez at>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:16:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Chris, as far as I remember, it is CORRECT that Mole is adimensional,
saying "a Mole of atoms" is similar to saying "a dozen of atoms", a Mole is
a very important number in Chemistry, but you could say "a Mole of cars", or
"a Mole of computers", just like you can say "a dozen of computers". The
difference is that "dozen" is a useful number in every-day life and "Mole"
is a useful number in Chemistry.

José Luis