a very simple graphics problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61050] a very simple graphics problem
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 02:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Friends:
This is a quite primitive problem (actually, 2 related problems).
I have a set of points, which I want to put into a triangle and then draw some lines.
The triangle I build in the following way=

The I christen my set of points:

I make a graphic:

miejemplito=ListPlot[milista, PlotStyle®{PointSize[0.03]} ]

Then I put them into the triangle:

Show[Graphics[triangulo], miejemplito, PlotRange®All]

All this works fine.  I start to draw the lines:

and then

Show[Graphics[triangulo],Graphics[jo1],Graphics[jo2],Graphics[jo3], Graphics[jo4], miejemplito, PlotRange®All]

So far, so good. However, when I add

and then give the directive

Show[Graphics[triangulo],Graphics[jo1],Graphics[jo2],Graphics[jo3], Graphics[jo4],Graphics[jo5], miejemplito, PlotRange®All], I get an extremely awkward and badly drawn graphic, and the last line (jo5) escapes the triangle.

a.  How can I correct the problem?

b.  How can I put labels to each point (and eventually colour them differently)?

Thanks in advance