Re: fourier transform

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61214] Re: fourier transform
  • From: Torsten Coym <torsten.coym at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:39:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Take a look at Mathematica's help: Fourier[data] expects data to be a
list of complex numbers, not pairs of time and amplitude.

I assume that your list is equally spaced in time -- only then a
application of Fourier[] would lead to useful results.

Get rid of the timing information in your data, by replacing every pair
of {time,amplitude} with the amplitude only.

Have a look at Chop[] to suppress small imaginery parts that come from
the numerical process.