regress versus fit - force through zero/force constant term to zero
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61493] regress versus fit - force through zero/force constant term to zero
- From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If I have:
I expect the answer from Fit, but not the one from Regress. Regress
seems to be ignoring the fact that I only want the first order (and
not the zero/constant order) term.
How do I obtain fit diagnostics if I am forcing a 0 for the constant order?
Prev by Date:
Re: Use strings in Mathematica, like in C?
Next by Date:
Re: Can the user create CellGroupingRules?
Previous by thread:
Re: Set construction with condition
Next by thread:
Re: regress versus fit - force through zero/forceconstant term to zero