Re: Window names in Mathematica under Linux/KDE

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61518] Re: [mg61482] Window names in Mathematica under Linux/KDE
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

To the contrary, I strongly prefer that the entire path of a notebook
appear in the taskbar.

But in Mathematica 5.2 under Windows, the default seems to be to give
just the notebook name  - just the opposite of the behavior you report
for Debian/KDE.

My reason is that I am often revising old notebooks.  So I am working
with two open notebooks of the same name, but from different
directories.  So the full path lets me see at a glance which is which.

So I, too, would like to know how to change this.

kalymereau at wrote:
> Hi MathGroup
> I use Mathematica 5.2 under Linux(Debian)/KDE. Notebook names that
> appear in windows and in the taskbar always come with the full path,
> i.e. of the form /home/blablabla/blabla/MyNotebook.nb. This is not very
> readable and I would prefer just MyNotebook.nb (as most other
> applications do). I'm sure there is an option somewhere but I didn't
> find it.
> Thanks a lot.
> G.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.