Re: Warning from Piecewise
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61582] Re: [mg61523] Warning from Piecewise
- From: Chris Rodgers <rodgers at physchem.ox.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 05:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <FF69AAF8-0118-46DB-B123-C2DC1A80204A@mimuw.edu.pl>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thank you for your two helpful messages. After trying out your example, I read a bit more in the help and discovered an single sentence in the help for "Set" (not for "SetDelayed") that describes this non-standard evaluation. I've also worked out how to use HoldPattern to make my example work. Many thanks, Chris.