Mathematica and version control systems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61739] Mathematica and version control systems
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:54:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

jmt wrote:

> For CVS, it is highly suggested to use the scripts described in the
> following article :

it seems the newest version is from 2002/03/11, tested up to Mathematica 4.1,
I have the impression it is not maintained anymore.

Do some of you use it with 5.x? Any problems?

> For Subversion, no restriction applies, since subversion handles
> data as binary.

the script should also be useful with subversion (which I use),
I tested it on a 1 Mb notebook, which was reduced to about half size!

Best regards,

The truth isn't quite the sort of thing one tells to
a nice, sweet, refined girl. -- Oscar Wilde