Re: GreaterEqual[x,1] shows up as Greater[x,1]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61783] Re: GreaterEqual[x,1] shows up as Greater[x,1]
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:43:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Chris Chiasson wrote:
> Before someone asks: yes, the FullForm still says GreaterEqual - no,
> it doesn't just happen for GreaterEqual[x,1] - yes, LessEqual[x,1]
> displays correctly
> On 10/28/05, Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at> wrote:
>>Dear MathGroup,
>>The subject almost says it all. In my front end with a fresh kernel, I
>>can type GreaterEqual[x,1] and the output shows up as x>1
>>Does anyone else have this problem? I just noticed it today. Could it
>>have anything to do with installing both the Truetype and Type 1
>>versions of the Mathematica fonts?
>>Version Number:
>>Platform: Windows
>>Registered Name: Chris Chiasson
Hi Chris,

On my system -- Windows XP SP2, Mathematica 5.2 -- GreaterEqual[x,1] is
displayed correctly as x >= 1 (InputForm).

Don't whether this may help you but I have done a full installation of
Mathematica, Publicon and CalcCenter on this system. Moreover, I have
also installed the MathML fonts for Mozilla Firefox. I used to have a
full install of Scientific Workplace and TeX/LaTeX (MikTeX).

Now, I believe that all the fonts installed on this system are True Type
fonts. I do not know how to check about PostScript fonts (if you have
any clue, I will be happy to check my system).

Best regards,