Re: Abs[ ] traditional form
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60191] Re: Abs[ ] traditional form
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:03:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, U.K.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Eduardo Nogueira wrote: > Hello > > I can't find how to type Abs[ ] traditional form. > Thanks for your attention > > Eduardo > Hi Edouardo, You can get the vertical bars standing for the absolute value of an expression either by wrapping the whole expression with *TraditionalForm* or by using the short-cut keyboard sequences of characters describe in http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/LeftBracketingBar http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/RightBracketingBar In:= 2\[Pi]+Abs[-x]//TraditionalForm Out//TraditionalForm= \[LeftBracketingBar]x\[RightBracketingBar]+2 \[Pi] In:= % /. x -> -2*Pi Out= 4*Pi Best regards, /J.M.