anyone running Mathematica 5.x on Rosetta ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60206] anyone running Mathematica 5.x on Rosetta ?
- From: febo.aristots at gmail.com
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Has anyone tried Mathematica on Rosetta, the PPC translator for Mac OS x86 ? I've succeeded in running the Frontend, and I am able to do calculation from the Terminal launching MathKernel directly. But when I try to use MathKernel from the frontend the kernel seems to start and never to return any value. Quitting the frontend doesn't quit the MathKernel process, I have to use kill -9 from the Terminal. There seems to be some interprocess communication failure between the frontend and Mathkernel. Maybe some endianess problem, since the PPC and x86 are inverted in this respect. Is there some MathKernel option I could try to work around the problem ?