Strange error when using InequalityPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60401] Strange error when using InequalityPlot3D
  • From: "flatuniverse" <flatuniverse at>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:16:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi All.  I'm trying to visualize chi-squared contours for a 3 parameter
fit.  I can take 2D slices of the contours using ContourPlot, but I'd
like to see the function in 3D.  So I have a function chi2[], and to
see the chi^2=180 contour, I use the following:

which produces the error,

InequalityPlot3D::region: The region defined by <<1>> could not be
broken down into cylinders.

What's going on here?  Is there a better way to see this function in