Strange error when using InequalityPlot3D

Hi All.  I'm trying to visualize chi-squared contours for a 3 parameter
fit.  I can take 2D slices of the contours using ContourPlot, but I'd
like to see the function in 3D.  So I have a function chi2[], and to
see the chi^2=180 contour, I use the following:

InequalityPlot3D[chi2[z1,q0,q1,.6433]=
180,{z1,.1,.6},{q0,-3,1},{q1,-1,3}];

which produces the error,

InequalityPlot3D::region: The region defined by <<1>> could not be
broken down into cylinders.

What's going on here?  Is there a better way to see this function in
3D?

Thanks