Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60398] Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- From: bmccarthy at gmail.com
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:16:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I think you might be able to do it using the file alias for the com port. In Linux (also in Windows), you can treat ports as files and read and write to them using fopen, fread, fwrite etc. See this http://www.tdl.com/~netex/html/Serial-HOWTO-3.html Adn this: http://peter.verhas.com/tutorials/allexperts/281.html Renan wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any way to make a Mathematica program access the serial port? > I need this to link to external electronical device. > Maybe using MathLink (but I don't know programming in C/C++)? > > I use Mathematica 5.0 in Linux, so this maybe would require a kernel > module for the serial port. > > Thanks!