Problem in loading the Statistics package.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60600] Problem in loading the Statistics package.
  • From: "David" <isolanoster at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles in using the CorrelationMatrix function which
is part of the Statistics package. I understand (but might be wrong!)
that by running:

     << Statistics`

I'm loading all the functions in the package and checking that
"CorrelationMatrix" ss loaded. However I get:

and the function is not yet loaded. On the other hand if I do:

again the function is not loaded. The only way to get it is by:

    << Statistics`Common`MultivariateCommon`

from which:

CorrelationMatrix[{{x11, ..., x1p}, ..., {xn1, ..., xnp}}] gives the p
x p correlation matrix of the n p-dimensional vectors. \
CorrelationMatrix[{{x11, ..., x1p}, ..., {xn1, ..., xnp}}, {{y11, ...,
y1q}, \
..., {yn1, ..., ynq}}] gives the p x q correlation matrix between the n
p-dimensional vectors and the n q-dimensional vectors.

I'm running Mathematica 5.0 student edition. Is this is problem with
Mathematica or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance,