Re: Mathematica 5.0 and Excel
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60610] Re: [mg60597] Mathematica 5.0 and Excel
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:08:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Steeve, > > I need to import some matrix in excel to mathematica. I have > try to save my excel files in CSV but the result, when i > import this file to mathematica isn't what i want. > > How can i import some data from Excel to Mathematica ? It's difficult to tell, since you haven't said what you're doing, what results you expect, exactly how things have turned pear-shaped, nor even what version of Mathematica you're using. Nevertheless ... For Versions > 5, saving Excel speadsheets as CSV files and importing the CSV file using Import works without problems. For 5.2, you can even Import["file.xls"]. Regards, Dave.