Re: Mathemaica 5.2 are the 64 Bit an illusion !!!....?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60651] Re: Mathemaica 5.2 are the 64 Bit an illusion !!!....?
- From: LumisROB <lumisrob_NOGOOD_ at yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 04:19:55 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:29:04 +0000 (UTC), Dave Seaman <dseaman at no.such.host> wrote: > >Incorrect. First of all, your arithmetic is wrong, since 10^4 * 10^4 * 8 is >only 800 MB, not 4 GB. Secondly, I have created arrays bigger than 9 GB using >Mathematica 5.2 on a Mac G5. ....and 800 MB * 4 = 3.2 GB (Attention, I have expressly said 4 matrixes ). What type of matrixes? I hope is not those all of 0 as you had already told me in another newsgroup (sci.math.symbolic). Test please using Table and an expression of the single element an a little more complicated (or that from me suitable): it would interest me to know the result in this case. However, for the precision and correctness I have not verified on Mac but only on WinXP and Linux. However thanks of the help. Cordiality ROB