Re: After upgrade of X Server, Mathematica won't work properly
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60727] Re: [mg60707] After upgrade of X Server, Mathematica won't work properly
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200509250636.CAA13556@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 9/25/05, Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded my X Windows server (X.Org):
> $ head /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> X Window System Version 6.8.2 (Ubuntu 6.8.2-69 20050920093941
> root at terranova.warthogs.hbd.com)
> Now, Mathematica won't operate properly. It show the error:
> The stretchable character 0x5f in the Mathematica1Mono font (size 12)
> has a repeating piece (0x8f) that is zero size.
> and symbols like Integral won't appear.
> Any clues?
I solved it:
Somehow, Ubuntu' apt-get removed 'xset'. This became obvious when I
launched Mathematica via a xterm. 'xset: command not found.' (I
replaced 'xset' by a shell script that showed the arguments, and,
apparently, Mathematica does a 'xset fp rehash')
'apt-get install xset' seems to have solved it.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Is this possible? Residue computation leads to complexInfinity?
Previous by thread:
After upgrade of X Server, Mathematica won't work properly
Next by thread:
imwheel no longer supported