Problem running multiple lines in a cell

Sometimes if I have several lines in a cell and the first line has a ;
at the end, the second line does not evaluate correctly....when I remove
the ; from the first line then the first and second line evaluate
correctly....if i then put the ; at the end of the first line again and
re-run the cell, the cell evaluates correctly....

has anyone else experienced this?

thanks....jerry blimbaum