Checking for a given phrase in an expression
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60744] Checking for a given phrase in an expression
- From: lost.and.lonely.physicist at gmail.com
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello everyone Is it possible to ask Mathematica to check if a given phrase occurs in an expression? Say I have aa = 1 + x + x y + Log[Sin[z]] and bb = x + Log[Sin[z]] Can Mathematica tell me such a phrase bb exists in aa? Can it tell me its 'position' within the expression aa? Thanks for the help!