Import-Function buggy in Version 5.2 ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60796] Import-Function buggy in Version 5.2 ?
  • From: s.setzer at
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello all,

after upgrading from version 5.1 to 5.2 I'm encountering problems with
the import of data from a file. My programs still run under version 5.1
but show a different behaviour in version 5.2.

Here is the way it works in version 5.1:

Everything is fine, Mathematica imports a list of lists, or a matrix if
you like it that way.

Here is what happens with version 5.2 (same data-file)

The first entry is correct (see above), but the 6'th to n'th value are
just members of one big list.

Anybody knows what's going on here, is this a bug in version 5.2 ?
(I would be able find a workaround to get things running again, but
this is not the point here)

Thanks for your help !