axes for Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60848] axes for Plot3D
  • From: "grimey" <tfgeyer at>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:57:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a question for you guys.
I want to do a simple 3D-plot, say
But I don't want the PlotRange for the x-axis (in front) from (left
side) -Pi to (right side)
+Pi, but from (left side) +Pi to (right side) -Pi. But the y-axis
should remain from (front) -Pi to (back) +Pi.
Is it possible to change that? I know that it is not working with
ViewPoint, of course.
And if I type
Plot3D[Sin[xy],{x,Pi,-Pi},{y,-Pi,Pi}], it gives the same plot as the
one above, of course.
But I've seen that before in some papers, so it has to be possible, but
I didn't found anything?
Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Thomas Geyer